For an effective project, it is advisable to carry out the following activities:
· Defining the objectives of the project.
· Acquiring background information about the problem and its possible solutions.
· Establishing the criteria by which your solution(s) to the problem will be judged.
· Determining by what process the work will be carried out.
· Planning the detailed phases of the project.
· Adopting one or more design methodologies.
· Analyzing requirements.
· Using (or constructing) tools.
· Construction of one or more artifacts (hardware, software, document).
· Evaluating your solution to the problem.
· Reporting on your work.
Whatever the nature of the problem you set out to solve, the conclusion of your project should be whether you solved it successfully or not.